Wednesday, April 23, 2014

1/2" Scale Lamp

I know it seems like I am cruising along on this house, but the reality is, I started working on this house last April.  I want to post everything I've done on the house, so at for the time being my posts are rather like flashbacks.

Last fall, I signed up for a swap to celebrate the anniversary of the half scale yahoo group I am on.  I have never signed up for a swap before. I was really excited about it!  After everyone was signed up, I found myself committed to making 47 shabby chic minis!  Yikes!  I wracked my brains and spent a lot of time on Pinterest for several weeks trying to come up with an idea.  I finally came up with an idea and a prototype.



The base is made up of a jewelry finding with crystals and a bead glued on top.  I cut the lampshade out of paper and glued white fabric to it.  The flowers are French knots.  It took me several months to complete all 47.  A lot of that time was spent hitting every craft store in town trying to find enough of the base parts to do all the lamps!



No comments: