Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bricking the Puritan

I started creating bricks for the foundation of the Puritan following  George the Mini guy's brick tutorial.  His bricks look awesome!  I think mine look pretty good considering I've never made anything like that before.

A tub full of bricks


  I made a few mistakes I need to make note of in case I ever decide I want to handcut another 500+ miniature bricks.  I cut all the brick measurements in half, but was not thinking about needing to use a thinner board too.  As a result, I had a really difficult time keeping my x-acto knife perpendicular while cutting all the way through those teensy, tiny bricks.  Between that and my not completely spot-on measuring, my bricks came out a little wonky looking.  I painted the sides of the bricks gray instead of adding grout.

It took a LOOOONG time to make all those bricks.  When I finally got them all done, I was ready to have a party.  A gluing party!  I was so excited to get them on the house and see how it looked all together.
Close up of bricks

The Puritan after adding the bricks

 





No comments: