Monday, May 5, 2014

1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

This past week has been a very frustrating week in dollhouse world, what with walls coming apart and siding going on upside down.  I feel like every time I take one step forward, I am set back by two.  I cut the siding for the back wall and glued it on this past weekend.  I was so excited to have another part done!
 
Then I looked at it from the side and realized the wood had warped! NOOO!  So do I redo the whole wall, or plant a tree there?  Hmm.



While I have been working on all of that, I have been trying to figure out the wall colors for the second floor and whether to paint or wallpaper.  I am also trying to figure out the flooring.  Apparently, there was a miscalculation  that resulted in a hardwood flooring shortage. I had one sheet I bought ages ago.  I had no idea who made it or what the stain was so I could order more.  Unfortunately, the new flooring I ordered and installed in the downstairs doesn't quite match, but it might be ok.  However, even if I use that I will not have enough for the hallway and one of the bedrooms.

No comments: