Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bricks and Siding

I haven't posted in a few days because we were getting ready to go camping (and then were actually camping).

So let's see, what have I done since my last post?  I cut some scrapbook paper to wallpaper another bedroom and taped it to the wall.  I am having a hard time committing to wallpaper.  It feels so permanent.  What if a year from now I decide I hate it?  I will have to pull off all the moldings and the paper, which may or may not want to come off!  Or what if I decide it's really dated?  Of course, this whole house is going to be really dated at some point.  Hopefully, that will be part of it's charm.  Anyway, here is what I have.


I'm not sure if I will make that room into a bedroom actually.  I looked at the original house plans and then at the NN plans and it seems a good scale foot or so has been omitted from the width.  This makes an already small room pretty teeny.  It is only 7' wide if you don't count the alcove.  What else could it be?  A laundry room?  A play room?  A craft room?  A cat room?

Additionally, I have been gluing siding on.  I finished one whole wall of the house and bricked the porch foundation.  WooHoo!  Let me tell you, I was terrified to start cutting that siding for fear I would screw up again.  I finally made it to the dollhouse store last week to get more siding and it is not cheap.  Trying to cut the siding around where the porch was supposed to go made it worse.  I finally decided the porch was added on later and so that whole wall could be sided.  In looking through the plan to find out what they put on the porch roof I realized we had overlooked something major.  The porch was supposed to be glued to the house and the front wall was supposed to be removable and pressure fit. Oh well.  We made the whole porch removable!  I also realized the plans don't tell you how to make the front and back steps.  I saw that someone had sold this same dollhouse on ebay and theirs didn't have any steps, just a door hanging off the wall.  This just might be why.

Lolly helped me brick the foundation and she painted the interior porch walls.



No comments: